How to choose the best place to buy fingerprint jewellery, that is right for you.
I guess if you are here it’s because you are looking for a piece of fingerprint jewellery and you want to know where is the best place to buy it. As this is such a personal purchase, the best place to buy fingerprint jewellery will really vary from person to person depending on what your requirements are. There is no one place that is ‘the best’.
Whilst I would love to shout from the roof tops ‘PICK ME, PICK ME’ that wouldn’t be the right thing to do. There are hundreds of fingerprint jewellery artists to choose from and we all have our own individual strengths so it’s important to choose someone who fits your needs. For a lot of people I am absolutely the best place to buy fingerprint jewellery, my feedback is testimony to that, but I am not the right fit for everybody.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the keepsake artist that you want to work with.
- How much do you want to pay? I’d recommend you read my article about differences in prices for fingerprint jewellery and decide what is important to you before you choose an artist.
- Choose someone who does this for a living, not a hobby. There are plenty of self taught hobby artists out there offering this sort of jewellery. Some of them unfortunately don’t have the necessary equipment or experience to create a professional quality piece that will last you a lifetime. Also, if you have any problems with your jewellery at a later date you know that an established business is much more likely to still be around to help you. I have been running Lasting Touch as a full time business since 2013 and I’m not going anywhere. I absolutely LOVE what I do.
- Choose an artist who is willing to answer your questions. Chat to them on the phone, by email or on social media. A good fingerprint jewellery artist will be happy to discuss your requirements and put your mind at rest if you have any worries. Choose an artist who gets you, who understands what your needs are and who will work with you to meet your individual needs.
- Look for reviews. Past customers experiences are one of the best ways to find out if a keepsake artist is likely to be the one for you.
Who I work well with…
- My ideal customers are family people, just like me. I understand the needs and pressures of family and working life and I can work with you to try and be available at the times that suit you. I understand that if you are taking prints from small children you need to catch them just at the right time so if you need extra time to return your prints all I ask is that you let me know.
- I’m a good listener and I love to hear the stories behind the pieces I am making. It doesn’t matter whether its a simple or more complex piece of jewellery. On the other hand, if you just want to place your order through the website and don’t feel the need to communicate with me personally, that’s fine too.
- I make lots of memorial pieces and I am very sensitive when it comes to accommodating the needs of bereaved families. Whether you need advice about choosing the right jewellery, help collecting the prints or you just need more time in between communications that’s fine. I am happy to work closely with funeral directors to arrange for fingerprints to be collected if you don’t feel able to do it yourself.
- People who love handmade. My pieces are made to a really high standard, but they are handmade and that’s what my customers love about them. They are perfect in their own way, but they aren’t factory perfect!
- Value seekers. Its really important to me to be able to provide amazing value to my customers. I am not the cheapest artist and nor would I wish to be. The standard of product and service I provide is way above that of the cheapest artists. I want to work with people who appreciate the value in what I do. I’m really happy to discuss discounts on large orders or add extra value wherever I can but I won’t compromise on quality or service in order to lower the price.
Who I don’t work well with…
- Cheapskates. Sorry I hate to say it but there’s the honest truth. I don’t work well with people who are only interested in getting their jewellery at the lowest possible price even if that means the artist working for below minimum wage! I care about my customers and I want to work with people who care about me too. This is my living and I need to charge a fair price. I do understand that budget can be an issue for some people, being a cheapskate is not the same as being genuinely strapped for cash. If you feel like you would like to pay a fair price but simply can’t afford to, do contact me and I will happily discuss some options with you.
- People looking for mass produced items. My products are handmade, and as such will always have an organic feel to them. That’s not to say that they aren’t very well made, but they do not and will not ever look or feel as if they have come off a factory production line. If you are looking for a factory finish, you’ll need to find another artist or maybe consider ordering from my machine engraved range.
I really hope that this post has helped you consider what is important to you when choosing an artist to work with. If you’d like to work with me then please do get in touch. You can see my work at www.lastingtouch.co.uk
Thanks for reading